Whole of Victorian government and agency-specific registers are established and operate in accordance with the Guide to Ministerial Direction No. 1 - Tendering provisions for public construction.
The Construction Supplier Register is the whole of Victorian government pre-qualification scheme for building and construction industry consultants and contractors including:
- project managers;
- commercial and domestic builders;
- demolition contractors; and
- other public construction specialists.
Victorian government departments and public bodies may use the Construction Supplier Register to create short lists of suppliers to invite to submit tenders for public construction projects.
The VicRoads pre-qualification scheme is an agency-specific register approved under the Guide to Ministerial Direction No. 1. VicRoads has established the scheme for contractors and consultants that specialise in civil (roads and bridges) construction and related areas.
National pre-qualification systems
Two new national pre-qualification systems for state and territory governments came into operation on 1 January 2011:
- National Pre-qualification System for Non-residential Building (the NPS) applies to the pre-qualification of contractors for non-residential projects (buildings) with an estimated construction cost of $50 million and above.
- Austroads National Pre-qualification System for Civil Contractors applies to the pre-qualification of contractors for road and bridge construction.
The Non-residential Building NPS was developed by the Australasian Procurement and Construction Council (APCC) in conjunction with state and territory jurisdictions.
It brings state and territory pre-qualification systems together, streamlines pre-qualification processes and provides for mutual recognition of contractor pre-qualification across borders.
In Victoria the Construction Supplier Register administers the Non-residential Building NPS while VicRoads administers the national civil contractor system.
Find out more about the National Pre-qualification System