We support the Treasurer of Victoria and the Minister for Finance to manage Victoria’s budget and finances.
Our work also involves assisting the Government to implement major infrastructure projects and contractual agreements across Victoria.
We strive for excellence in financial and economic management to improve the lives of all Victorians. We value our people and motivate them to lead, influence, collaborate and innovate.
Our objectives are to:
- optimise Victoria’s fiscal resources
- strengthen Victoria’s economic performance
- improve how Government manages its balance sheet, commercial activities and public sector infrastructure
- deliver efficient whole of government common services to the Victorian public sector
- ensure DTF and its people have the capability to serve Government.
We proactively look to improve our services, and the way in which they are delivered to ensure we are:
- fiscally responsible
- market focused
- reform oriented.
We support the ministerial portfolios of the Treasurer and the Minister for Finance. We also provide leadership in economic, financial and resource management to help the Victorian Government deliver its policies.
Our role includes:
- supporting the Government in responsible budget and financial management
- giving policy advice, and influencing decisions about economic, social and environmental issues
- providing economic and financial leadership to the Victorian public sector
- helping the Government implement major infrastructure projects and public sector frameworks
- helping the Government make decisions about major contractual arrangements across Victoria.