The features of the Agreement include:
- annual pay increases averaging 2 per cent per year over the life of the agreement
- an increase in the nightshift allowance from 15% to 20%, starting 1 July 2020
- overtime rates that better reflect an employee’s VPS level, starting 1 July 2020
- a new clause to implement the gender pay principles and the Gender Equality Act 2020
- improvements to paid parental leave for primary and secondary carers
- better recognition of alternative caring arrangements, such as adoption, guardianship and permanent care, foster and kinship care, and surrogacy
- clarification and protection of flexible working - bringing all existing flexible working arrangements together into a dedicated part of the Agreement
- 16 appendices that provide for agency-specific terms and conditions
The parties to the Agreement have committed to implementing changes in the way the Victorian Government works and delivers services by agreeing to ‘workforce mobility’ principles. The principles recognise that the services required by the community of a modern public service are not static; they are always changing.
Embracing changing priorities is essential to providing a secure, flexible employment framework in the public service. The parties have acknowledged the importance of ensuring that employees can be responsively deployed to support government priorities.
Employees will receive a mobility payment, to be paid as an annual lump sum, in recognition of their ongoing commitment to these new ways of working.
Victorian Public Service Enterprise Agreement 2020 (PDF, 6.33 MB)