Categories related to the building industry
- Commercial Refurbishment
- Fire Services Contractor
- Land Remediation Contractor
- Low value works projects (projects with a value less than $500,000 (inclusive of GST))
- Movable Unit Contractor
- New Commercial Construction
- New Residential Construction
- Office Fit Out
- Office Fit Out (non-structural)
- Residential Refurbishment
These categories are related to the building industry. The building industry encompasses work for or in connection with the construction, demolition or under the National Construction Code, structures, temporary buildings, temporary structures and any part of a building or structure.
The following categories are used for suppliers of construction works:
- Concrete Corrosion Contractor
- Lift Contractor
Category - Low value works projects
The category Low value works applies to projects with a value less than $500,000 (inclusive of GST).
Government Agencies commission many lower value works projects, such as new public housing and maintenance for public housing and schools. Suppliers can now express their interest in these projects.
This new category treats small value projects in the same way as bigger projects. Suppliers in this category:
- are eligible to be invited to tender for Victorian Government construction projects as pre-qualified suppliers
- have access to tender efficiencies available through pre-qualification
- allows suppliers to promote their project history
Categories - New residential construction and residential refurbishment
Applicants and pre-qualified suppliers must hold Domestic builder registration with the Victorian Building Authority to be listed in these categories.
Note: If the applicant or pre-qualified supplier is:
- a company, then Domestic builder registration as a company is required
- an individual, then Domestic builder registration as an individual is required
Sub-category: Cladding rectification
A sub-category of Cladding rectification has been established. Applying for this sub-category is optional.
Suppliers applying for the following categories may also apply for the optional sub-category cladding rectification:
- Commercial refurbishment
- Fire services contractor
- New commercial construction
- New residential construction
- Residential refurbishment
Within each category for suppliers of construction works, applicants will be allocated a project limit defining the highest project value they may undertake. The following project limits apply:
- Between $250,000 and $500,000 – increments of $50,000
- Between $500,000 and $1,000,000 – increments of $100,000
- Between $1,000,000 and $5,000,000 – increments of $500,000
- Between $5,000,000 and $15,000,000 – increments of $1,000,000
- Between $15,000,000 and $50,000,000 – increments of $5,000,000
Project limits greater than $50,000,000 are available only to suppliers listed on the National Pre-qualification Scheme and are determined based on an applicant’s financial standing and project history.
A maximum project limit of $499,999 applies to the category Low value works projects.
Help and support
Please contact the Construction Supplier Register if you need help understanding the pre-qualification categories used for suppliers of construction works.