The Department’s expert advice balances economic, social and environmental goals within a framework of responsible financial management.
- supporting the Government in budget and financial management;
- delivering innovative and timely policy advice;
- contributing to government decisions on a range of economic, social and environmental issues;
- providing strategic leadership across the public sector on economic and financial sector reform;
- assisting the Government with the implementation of major infrastructure projects and frameworks;
- designing and delivering initiatives that enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of government operations;
- contributing to decisions made by the Government on major contractual arrangements across the State;
- supporting the Government’s Better Financial Management policy to improve service delivery of government operations; and
- leading the achievement of fiscally responsible enterprise bargaining agreements for the Victorian public sector that promote workforce productivity and service delivery reform.
Information relating to the organisation and functions of the Department can be found on this website, on other websites and in online publications.
Acts administered by, or relevant to, the Department of Treasury and Finance
Statutory authorities and offices
List of major committees
Key structures and functions of the Department
Department of Treasury and Finance publications
The Department develops a range of policies and practices. As they are developed, mechanisms on the Department’s website are used to provide feedback on the policies and initiatives. In addition, the public can provide feedback via the website feedback form or to the address below.
Members of the public can also write to the Department seeking information on any aspect of its operations. Correspondence can be addressed to the Secretary of the Department or the Executive Director of the relevant business unit, see the Contact us and Organisation chart.