The Public Construction procurement Committee is established by the Secretary of the Department of Treasury and Finance under Public Construction Procurement Committee (Direction 8.4).
The purpose of the Public Construction Procurement Committee is to assist the Department of Treasury and Finance to:
- provide advice and make recommendations to the Minister and the Secretary of the Department of Treasury and Finance to support the administration of the Ministerial Directions, Instructions, Guidance and wider supporting framework (the framework);
- support efficient and effective operation of the framework;
- ensure the framework is relevant, up to date and fit for purpose through regular dialogue and information exchange.
Scope and responsibilities
On behalf of the Secretary of the Department of Treasury and Finance, the Public Construction Procurement Committee will:
- advise and make recommendations on:
- contracting principles and consistent application and standardisation in contracting,
- any contracting issues or requirements of the framework including Victorian Public Construction Contracts, contracting requirements and commercial positions,
- circumstances when Limited Tendering is permitted,
- best practice developments and opportunities in public construction policy and procurement,
- consider and advise on trends observed through data collected through Supplier Performance Reporting and wider public construction procurement activities to improve the framework and public construction procurement outcomes,
- consider the application and operation of broader Government procurement policies and implications for public construction,
- act as a forum for the exchange and discussion of relevant reforms, inter-jurisdictional developments, new ideas and best practice opportunities to improve public construction policy and procurement,
- ensure that information relevant and useful to support and improve public construction policy and procurement is disseminated throughout the Victorian Government, and
- any other matter relevant to infrastructure and public construction policy and procurement that may arise from time to time.
The Department of Treasury and Finance works closely with the Public Construction Procurement Committee to improve public construction outcomes, develop suitable forms of construction contract, and provide a focus for communicating with other jurisdictions and the construction industry.
The Department of Treasury and Finance is responsible for managing and administering the Public Construction Procurement Committee.
Tools and support
For more information about the Public Construction Procurement Committee and its operations contact the Construction Policy Team.