Guidance relates primarily to transfers of responsibilities and people between Victorian government departments under the various legislation and ministerial directions. The guidance also covers changes in portfolio responsibilities for non departmental entities.
Guidance (and related sample documents) includes:
- an overview of the legislation that governs MoG processes;
- principles and approaches for planning and implementing MoG changes, including indicative timeframes for key events;
- protocols for resolving issues such as the transfer of resources;
- guidance on financial management and people management;
- applicable accounting standards and ministerial directions;
- recording MoG changes in the State Resource Information Management System;
- departmental issues such as impacts on financial policies and systems; and,
- managing customer and stakeholder relations, physical relocations, information, records, data and taxation.