Suitably qualified and experienced suppliers of construction works and services may apply for pre-qualification with the Construction Supplier Register at any time.
The pre-qualification scheme only applies to Victorian government building and construction projects.
Categories of pre-qualification
The Construction Supplier Register is structured into categories. Each category may further divided into sub-categories that define areas of expertise or competency. Some categories may include a project limit defining the highest project value an applicant may undertake.
How to apply to the Register
Applying to the Construction Supplier Register is a two-part process
- Part 1 – self - assessment
- Part 2 – detailed assessment of applicant.
The Lead Department will assess the applicant’s Part 1 application for compliance with the eligibility criteria before asking the applicant to complete Part 2. The Lead Department will advise applicants of the outcome of their application to Part 1.
The Conditions of Pre-qualification to the Construction Supplier Register govern the operation of the Register.
In applying for pre-qualification, the applicant agrees to abide and be bound by the Conditions of Pre-qualification to the Construction Supplier Register.
Application Part 1 – self - assessment
Applicants need to complete the online application for Part 1.
Applicants need the following information to complete Part 1 of the application:
- The pre-qualification category or categories that the applicant will apply for
- Details of the applicant, including business name, contact person, address, Australian Business Number (ABN) and Australian Company Number (ACN) (where applicable) and size
- Description of the applicant. names of directors, partners and associated companies
- Details of registrations such as Registered Building Practitioner, where applicable
- Architects only – details of Architects Registration Board of Victoria registration
- Examples of current and past projects undertaken by the applicant, including details of at least three current construction projects and at least three completed projects
- Names and contact details for independent referees
- Occupational health and safety documents
- Insurance information
- The size of projects the applicant can undertake and where the applicant is willing to work
Suppliers of works need the following additional information to complete Part 1 of the application:
- Financial information
- Details of understanding and approach to industrial relations and employment issues
Application Part 2 – detailed assessment of applicant
If the applicant meets the compliance criteria for Part 1, the Lead Department will send additional questions that need to be completed.
As well as responding to the questions, applicants will need to submit evidence that demonstrates compliance with the eligibility criteria.
Applicants need the following information to complete Part 2 of the application:
- Applicant information, including details of directors and partners
- Details of registrations, such as Registered Building Practitioner, including details for directors and partners
- Architects only – details of Architects Registration Board of Victoria registration, including details for directors and partners
- Examples of current and past projects
- Commitment to the Victorian Government Supplier Code of Conduct
- Evidence of current relevant insurance policies
- Occupational health and safety management system
Applicants interested in pre-qualification in one of the works categories need the following additional information to complete Part 2 of the application:
- Financial statements
- Industrial relations management self-assessment
Applicants interested in the optional sub-category Cladding rectification need the following additional information to complete Part 2 of the application:
- List of all projects the applicant was involved in where combustible cladding was used
- List of all projects the applicant had a financial interest where combustible cladding was used
- Insurance details related to cladding
- Disciplinary action history
How we assess applications
Applications are assessed against the eligibility criteria for applications to the Construction Supplier Register.
Help and support
Please contact the Construction Supplier Register if you need help in preparing or submitting your application.