The Residential Cladding Rectification Register is an open pre-qualification scheme for suppliers of construction works and construction services interested in projects on private residential buildings identified through the Victorian Statewide Cladding Audit for the rectification and/or removal of combustible cladding products.
The Residential Cladding Rectification Register will be used and accessible by owners of residential buildings that have been identified through the Victorian Statewide Cladding Audit for the rectification and/or removal of combustible cladding products on the building. Owners corporations of such buildings:
- will be identified by Cladding Safety Victoria, and
- will have been issued a Building Order or Building Notice by the Victorian Building Authority acting as the Municipal Building Surveyor requiring the rectification and/or removal of combustible cladding products.
Cladding and combustible cladding products have the same meaning as set in the Minister’s Guideline MG-14: Issue of building permits where building work involves the use of certain cladding products. Fact sheets describing these products are available on the Victorian Building Authority website.
Cladding Safety Victoria has been established by the Victorian Government to provide support and guidance to building owners and occupants of buildings with combustible cladding, particularly where rectification work is required to reduce risks to an acceptable level.
Cladding Safety Victoria will help owners to find qualified project managers and other professionals and, in higher risk situations, provide funding for approved works. This may include funding for:
- project management support
- professional design services
- building surveying
- permits and approvals
- building materials and rectification works, including disposal of waste material.
For further information about cladding, visit:
- Cladding Safety Victoria
- Victorian Building Authority
- Planning Victoria – Victorian Cladding Taskforce
This prequalification scheme operates under and follows the procedures used for the Construction Supplier Register.