New Schools Public Private Partnership Project
Service Delivery Commenced
Department or agency
Department of Education and Training
Private sector partner
Learning Communities Victoria comprising Amber as sponsor, ClarkeHopkinsClarke as architect, Watpac as builder, Spotless as facilities manager and YMCA and CERES as community partners.
The private sector will finance, design, construct and maintain the new schools over a 25 year period. The State will retain school ownership and responsibility for delivering educational services.
Schools opened in 2017
- Casey Central East Primary School (Cranbourne North)
- Cranbourne South West Primary School (Cranbourne West)
- Heather Grove Primary School (Clyde North)
- Epping North Primary School (Epping North)
- Mernda Central Prep – Year 12 School (Mernda) - including primary and secondary school components
- Mernda South Primary School (Mernda)
- Pakenham South West Primary School (Pakenham)
- Point Cook South Prep – Year 9 School (Point Cook)
Schools opened in 2018
- Armstrong Creek Education Precinct (Armstrong Creek) – including Armstrong Creek Special School and Armstrong Creek Primary School
- Bannockburn Prep – Year 12 School (Bannockburn) - including primary and secondary school components
- North Geelong Special Developmental School (Hamlyn Heights)
- Torquay North Primary School (Torquay North)
A Project Summary was released in March 2016 and is available at the link below.