The new Agreement includes annual wage adjustments of 3.25 per cent, paid in two instalments of 1.75 per cent on 1 January and 1.5 per cent on 1 July each year.
The key features of the new agreement include:
- annual wage adjustments of 3.25 per cent, paid in two instalments of 1.75 per cent on 1 January and 1.5 per cent on 1 July each year, with a nominal expiry date of 31 December 2019.
- access to a 1 per cent annual performance payment for employees at the top of their classification grade/ value range who meet their agreed progression targets.
- conversion of the VPS Grade 1 to a training grade, with current VPS Grade 1 employees to be transitioned to VPS Grade 2.
- preference for secure forms of employment.
- introduction of a best practice family violence leave provision, providing access to up to 20 days paid leave each year.
- access to non-discriminatory parental leave entitlements.
- improved processes for managing excess annual leave.
- Christmas close down arrangements that provide for maintenance of services facilitated by use of excess annual leave, other leave credits and accrued time in lieu.
- 14 appendices that provide for agency specific terms and conditions.
Existing VPS Workplace Determination 2012
The existing VPS Workplace Determination 2012 expired on 31 December 2015.