Contact the Victorian Public Sector Commission (VPSC) for further information about salary packaging or to obtain a copy of the Executive Employment Handbook.
Details of the Victorian Government's executive car scheme are provided in the standard motor vehicle policy.
Executives contribute towards the cost of private use of their vehicles according to a formula determined by the VPSC. Typical vehicle packages have the following features:
- vehicles are selected from the approved vehicle list available below
- manufacturers’ approved and listed options may be selected
- vehicles are fully serviced, maintained, insured and fueled
- fuel cards are issued for each vehicle
- accident management services and manufacturer's roadside assistance are provided
- registration and re-registration of the vehicle are paid by the Government. Fringe benefits tax is paid by the Government and will be disclosed on your group certificate
- car parking is available, subject to departmental policy.
Note: the Government doesn’t provide e-tags for toll roads. These are the responsibility of the executive officer, but you can claim tolls for business use.
A copy of the Executive Vehicle Cost to Package Calculator to determine salary deductions can be found on the VPSC website.