The new framework is pivotal in supporting the efficient delivery of Victoria’s significant infrastructure pipeline.
The booklet Victoria’s New Public Construction Framework explains how the new framework will enable:
- simpler and easier industry participation,
- time and cost savings when preparing bids,
- a stronger focus on project objectives, rather than the administration of tenders,
- fair, transparent and openly competitive tender processes, and
- greater transparency of upcoming procurement opportunities and improved dialogue with industry participants.
In developing the new framework, the Government consulted with industry and identified a number of reform opportunities to reduce the time and cost of procurement:
- greater standardisation of procurement processes across government;
- reducing unnecessary time and costs to industry in tender processes; and
- improving government capability and planning in construction procurement.
The booklet Reforming Public Construction describes the key issues raised by industry:
For more information about the public construction reforms please contact the Construction Policy Team.