Ballarat North Water Reclamation Project
<$50m capital cost
Service delivery commenced
Department or agency
- Central Highlands Region Water Corporation
- Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (formerly) Department of Environment and Primary Industries
Private sector partner
Veolia Water Services Pty Ltd (renamed from United Water International Pty Ltd)
On 22 May 2006, Central Highlands Water executed a contract for the Ballarat North Water Reclamation Project with United Water International.
This project seeks to implement a wastewater treatment re-use facility in order to comply with licence conditions set by the Environmental Protection Authority for the Ballarat North wastewater treatment plant.
The project requires United Water International to design, build, and operate the facility. The contract is for a 15-year period post commissioning. The project involves United Water International undertaking:
- the design and construction of upgrade works required to produce tertiary treated effluent to reclaimed water standards;
- the operation, maintenance and management of the wastewater treatment plant;
- the treatment and disposal of biosolids in accordance with the relevant standards and guidelines; and
- if requested by CHW in the future, the design, construction and maintenance of modifications to produce higher quality standards of reclaimed water for reuse customers.
Manager, Commercial and Business Development
Phone: 03 5320 3108