Claims process and requests for advance payments

Following a natural disaster, impacted local councils should first contact their insurance provider to discuss whether assets are covered under their insurance arrangements prior to seeking assistance from DTF under the NDFA/NDRRA.

Usually, local councils lodge a claim for reimbursement of expenses incurred immediately before, during or after an event, or throughout the recovery and rebuilding process (within the allowable time period).

For more information on what expenditure is eligible for reimbursement, see the eligibility of expenditure page.

If your local council faces hardship, and will struggle to meet expenditure requirements, you can request an advance payment from DTF.

This will then need to be acquitted by submitting claims for actual expenditure as it occurs.

To lodge a claim for reimbursement of expenses, or to request an advance payment, please visit the Natural Disasters Financial Assistance website.

To access this system you must be a registered user. Contact DTF on 9651 2327 or for further information.


Reviewed 16/05/2018
Was this page helpful?