Information for local councils

Following a natural disaster, impacted local councils should first contact their insurance provider to discuss whether assets are covered under their insurance arrangements prior to seeking assistance from DTF under the NDFA/NDRRA.

Usually, local councils lodge a claim for reimbursement of expenses incurred immediately before, during or after an event, or throughout the recovery and rebuilding process (within the allowable time period).

The guidance and templates below provide further information on the types of expenditure that are eligible as well as the roles and responsibilities for local councils, DTF, DHHS and VicRoads.

To access the Automated Claims Management System (ACMS) you must be a registered user. Contact DTF on (03) 9651 2327 or for further information.


Reviewed 29/10/2018
Was this page helpful?