Vehicle insurance


The Victorian Managed Insurance Authority is the Government's insurance provider, with claims management currently with CGU Insurance.

What to do if you have an accident

Check the quick reference guide in the glove box of your vehicle if you have a crash.  

Vehicles with insurance supplied through the VicFleet lease facility must use the CGU repairer network if repairs are required.  Contact 13 24 80.

Contacting CGU - Claims and assessing

Use the VicFleet claim form (PDF 202kb)

Email CGU Insurance at

Note: For vehicles funded through the VicFleet finance lease facility, there is no excess to be paid for the repairs - CGU Insurance will bill VicFleet direct.

For all other vehicles, the excess is to be paid to the repairer or CGU Insurance direct by the department.