The Department of Treasury and Finance provides policy advice to the Victorian Government on economic, financial and resource management, supporting the delivery of its financially responsible and socially progressive policy platform.
Our role is to ensure that the Government and the State of Victoria benefit from the highest standard of economic, financial and resource management. As part of this we:
- support the Government in budget and financial management;
- deliver innovative and timely policy advice, and influence government decisions on a range of economic, social and environmental issues;
- provide strategic leadership across the public sector on economic and financial sector reform;
- assist the Government with the implementation of major infrastructure projects and frameworks; and
- influence decisions made by the Government on major contractual arrangements across the State.
Find out more about: